Backed by an academic experience of more than a decade, TOP srl checks the usefulness and reliability of repTOP™ mice through a standard validation procedure.
'S' for SPECIFICITY
Reporter systems rely on an easy-to-detect marker gene under the control of a specific promoter.
SATURN validation bypasses risk factors which can compromise specificity
'A' for ACCURACY
repTOP™ mice are an accurate model:
- Quantitative signal readout
- Sensitive over a broad range of agonist concetrations, comprising physiological ones
- Ability to distinguish the pharmacological profile of different compounds, and to identify novel effects of selective receptor modulators (SRMs).
“T” for TURN-OVER
repTOP™ biomarkers, characterized by high turnover rate, provide a temporal dimension in the study of drug action.
'U' for UBIQUITY
repTOP™technology, thanks to the use of insulators, allows us to overcome positional effects that hamper ubiquitous and tightly regulated transgene expression. The SATURN validation process guarantees the availability of the biomarker in all the tissues: wherever and whenever your agonist is present, you will get the signal!
‘R’ for REPRODUCIBILITY
repTOP™ mice are a reproducible model:
- Low inter-individual variability achieved by control of chromosomal positional effects
- - Easy comparison of experiments performed at different times/age and different drugs.
'N' for NON INVASIVE
Imaging offers highly informative in vivo studies while reducing the use and minimising animal suffering and stress. The non-invasive nature of the model enables the investigation of physiological events from embryos to elderly animals, as well as very precise longitudinal studies of drug action. Our commitment to improving human health by accelerating the discovery of innovative therapies is always coupled with respect for ethical standards in research.
Seeing research in a better light
TOP strives for an ethical use of animal models in full compliance with the 3Rs rule. With its alternative models, TOP intends to nullify animal suffering,
* Reduce animal use,
* Replace current in vivo methodologies and
* Refine biomedical research tools with the generation of more predictive models for the study of the molecular basis of human diseases and the effects of therapies.
TOP srl – via Einstein, Loc. Cascina Codazza – 26900 Lodi, ITALY