Reporter mice, producing in vivo a biomarker easily detected with imaging techniques, are going to revolutionize the way biological processes can be studied.
Signals are quantitative and are generated with a fast kinetics, enabling the visualization of molecular events in real time, in all the organs, with high precision.
These tools find application in:
* Drug discovery and development
* Nutraceuticals and functional food.
The use of reporter models increases ethical standards of animal research, because the used techniques are non invasive, and this means a reduction of both the stress caused to the mice and of the number of animals required for gathering the necessary information.
repTOP™ mice now available in North America (U.S.A. and Canada) at Charles River GEMs:
* repTOP™mitoIRE: bioindicator of cell proliferation
* repTOP™ERE-Luc: bioindicator of Estrogen Receptors activity
* repTOP™PPRE-Luc: bioindicator of PPARs activity